7.04.2009

Day one...July 4th, 2009...

Today is the fourth of july, also the beginning of my blog. I've decided to keep track of my life in California and my life being in love with my future husband. Also some reasoning for beginning this blog is to possibly entertain, to educate, and to remember.
For your entertainment...
...tonight the fellow AA members across the street from my apartment are shooting off fireworks and will probably end the night with the regular karaoke. It amazes me how many people seem to gather around that little yellow house, sitting on the porch, standing in the doorways, and hollering at passer bys. Adam and I joke about buying a six pack at Vons and leaving it on the front steps.

To educate...
...i'm hardly a teacher but I figure I am of an age that would possibly have some experience to share to young folks or just anyone who might not have the experiences I have had. Being 26 I have had relationships, some good and some bad. And obviously looking back now, I have taken from each of those relationships and learned from them. I'm amazed at the number of people I see on tv who have had failing relationships and that they decide to publicly announce that they are failing. I'm not sure about their situations but I can't imagine living my day anyway but to the fullest and happiest. If we aren't happy in a certain situation, why are we there? Why do we keep ourselves there? I'm not sure I completely understand people allowing themselves to struggle and not be happy. What if its your last day and on your last day you were sad or mad or depressed? At the end of your day if you aren't happy, why aren't you changing it? Why do we constantly put our happiness aside for others? Everyone deserves happiness, everyone deserves to be treated well and everyone deserves to be loved. I suppose my education for today is to simply smile. Be around someone that makes your heart smile. Share your life with someone who loves you for you. Make a change today so that you can be happy. You deserve it.

To remember...
...adam worked over the night, so he was home by 9:30 this morning. We enjoyed coffee and breakfast together and then headed to the Citadel. They had their annual July 4th sidewalk sale going on and we had a few things on our wishlist to take with us to Hawaii. It was a successful trip. We found flipflops for him (x2), ties for the groomsmen, flipflops for me, swimsuit for me, dress for me, and hoodie for him. And everything purchased was 50% off! Gotta love a sale! We also bought our flowergirl basket and ringbearer pillow. Checking things off our list every day. There are so many things that go into making a wedding day perfect. I'm so ready for our list to be done and to be able to enjoy our day. We also found a special item we may use for gifts for the wedding party. They are a favorite of mine these days, bought my first dogeared necklace just last week at Lake Arrowhead. I got the Faith one, its perfect reminder that anything is possible if you believe and have faith. They have so many great quotes and amazing prices...tons to chose from too. Heres my first favorite...

No comments:

Post a Comment