2.08.2012

In a rut...


Anyone else wake up with the SAME old routine everyday?! Anyone else have the same dinner schedule during the week? Anyone else go to the grocery store and grab the same things every time? Anyone else have the same reaction, same scrunched up nose, same sour expression when told something you don't like and don't want to hear? Anyone else know JUST how your husband will react after you tell him something HE doesn't want to hear? Or your child doesn't want to hear?

Well today I'm thinking SOMETHING has to change. SOMETHING needs to be shook up. I remember having the same thought, same reaction whenever Londyn would poop RIGHT AFTER I changed her wet diaper. And thinking, "UGH! I just changed you! WHY!?!" Or when she'd blow out her diaper and get it all over her clothing JUST after getting her dressed for the day. And how many times did I smile and think, "oh good, I bet you feel better now." NOT ONCE lol. I have a thought... Maybe today when she dirties her diaper for the 3rd time, she had THREE yesterday, I will sing a song to her and smile. Instead of thinking, "ugh another dirty diaper". Our negative reactions impact our kiddos. Maybe we don't notice the impact today, or even tomorrow, or even in a week. But down the road when I'm potty training Londyn to go poopy in the potty, will she have a negative reaction to this? Will she even WANT to go in the potty? It's been gross and annoying all this time, will she think that it's gross and annoying in the future? Changing diapers are not fun or what we WANT to do each day. But as a mommy, we signed up for this on our own! No one signed us up without us knowing... so let's enjoy these moments, even the not so fun ones.

Something else I might take into consideration.... Each day I wake up after Adam, he's the "early bird gets the worm kinda guy" (NOT me).... so I tend to come down and go straight to the coffee or straight to Londyn. He probably feels like I don't even see him. WELL....Tomorrow I will go to him, give him a kiss, and tell him I love him BEFORE I do ANYTHING else. Because that's what I want to do, I just don't do it. I get myself "in a rut" and the same old routine and I don't get myself out of it. We are in control of what we do and don't do... how we feel and how we react. Why not try every day to be as positive as possible and take each scenario as a chance to brighten our day, or even someone else's day. I wonder how my morning will go if I change just that ONE step in my morning process. I'm thinking my day might be a bit brighter and Adam might walk a bit taller when he goes off to work. He didn't get the same "good bye" kiss from the day before, he got the "good morning" AND the "good bye" kiss! He is such an amazing husband and father to Londyn, and I want to make sure he knows just how much I love him. I'll take every opportunity I have to tell him with kisses.

What will you change in your daily routine? What impact will it have on your day? How will it impact those in your life? What reaction will you get? Tell me your plan and then come back and tell me how it went!!! I'll let you know how tomorrow goes =)

1 comment: